The countdown has begun with one week remaining until our Pinewood Derby! Be sure not to miss this fun event for the whole family… it showcases the fun of Scouting! For those of you who wait until the last minute, now is the time to start working on your Pinewood Derby cars! Also, not sure if you noticed, our Pack was mentioned in the West Side Leader Thursday 1/19 http://www.akron.com/akron-ohio-entertainment-news.asp?aID=15009.
Here is a little more detail on the evening.
1. Plan to arrive at Bethel Lutheran (3852 Everett Rd) between 6pm and 6:30 so that all cars can be checked in. Racing will begin at 7pm. Wear your uniform.
2. Bring a dessert to share. We won’t be having dinner, but we will have a dessert table and drinks.
3. We will have a Chinese raffle. We are also taking donations if you have an item to donate, please let Dennis Gentner know prior at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Siblings and Akelas can have fun too as they have their own race after the den’s race and before the finals.
5. Only dry lubricants on your wheels, no liquids. Wheel spacing must stay the same and the weight must be under 5 oz. Any questions, just ask John Evans, our Pinewood Derby Coordinator, at email@example.com.
6. Bring the whole family because it is a whole bunch of fun!
If you would like to have your car weighed, you can visit the post office. Again, it’s better if your car is slightly under the weight…you can always add a penny or two during the race.
The Cub Scout Lock-In seemed to go well. If you’d like to share any comments so that we can make it better next year, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scout Sunday is coming up the weekend of February 4-5th. On Sunday February 5th, we encourage Scouts from our Pack 3387, regardless of their religious affiliations, to attend the 10am service at the Richfield UCC to show support for our Chartered Organization. Immediately following the service, our Cub Scout Pack is providing coffee, pastries, desserts, etc. to everyone present. If you are able to bring a dessert or pastry to share for the event, it would be appreciated. If your Scout is attending this service, or possibly another service at your place of worship, please have them wear their full uniform. If they have previously received a religious emblem, they can wear that emblem which is only worn at special events such as Blue & Gold and Scout Sunday.
And another reminder about the upcoming Great Trail Council Ski Scouting Days being held on February Feb. 18-20. The last day to pick up Scout ID Tags at the Great Trail Scout Shop is February 3rd.
See you all on Friday night January 27th!
Posted in Eventswith .